A couple of days ago, I started a thread on MyNissanLeaf.com: “Things you don't need when you own a Nissan Leaf” – I started off with a couple of ideas like “gas” and “smog checks” and others added on.
Currently we have 55 items on our list – see below for the details and more information on the Leaf.
Things you don't need when you own a Nissan Leaf
Note: list updated as we get new answers; some items are funny or political, others more concrete - regardless, for those that have one, enjoy your Leaf!
- Oil Change.
- Catalytic Converter.
- Fuel Pump.
- Fuel Filter.
- Fuel injectors.
- Timing Belt Replacement.
- Spark plug wrench.
- Timing Light.
- Gas can.
- Air filter.
- Dipstick rag.
- EGR Valve.
- Oxygen sensor.
- Gas filler cap.
- Smog Checks.
- Blown Gasket Replacement.
- Manual or Automatic Transmission.
- Valve Job.
- Tune up.
- Water Pump
- Connecting Rods.
- Valve Springs.
- Oil Pump.
- Crank Shaft.
- Engine Block.
- Cylinder Block.
- Cylinder Heads.
- Valve Covers.
- Fuel Injector Cleaning Service.
- Emission Control Components (you can spend some big bucks on these, for labor).
- Brake Pad Replacements at 30K miles (regenerative braking, pads last life of car).
- Oil Absorbent For The Driveway / garage, when you get horrible oil leaks (cam shaft & rear engine oil seals).
- 30K, 60K, 90K etc Mile Services.
- 6:15 AM Alarm Clock Setting (carpool lane stickers allow more sleep).
- Add-On or Third Party Bluetooth Kit.
- Add-On or Third Party / External Satellite Navigation System.
- Fuel points from QFC and Fred Meyer purchases, redeemable for 10 cents a gallon discount at Shell gas stations.
- OPEC and Preparation H.
- Saudi Arabia.
- Exxon, Shell, 76, Arco, Chevron, and other Gas Stations and Oil Companies.
- Offshore and North Slope Drilling.
- Exxon Valdez, Gulf Oil Spill, and other disasters by Oil companies.
- War for Oil.
Here’s more info on the Nissan Leaf -
|http://goo.gl/QNukH||Main Nissan web site for the Nissan Leaf|
|http://goo.gl/AX5js||Wikipedia page on the Nissan Leaf|
|http://goo.gl/1hkDK||Great Nissan ad – ‘what if everything ran on gas’? – watch it below.|
|http://goo.gl/Cq2Rc||Nissan Leaf online reservations in the US|
|Great online forum for Nissan Leaf owners or those interested in buying a Leaf.|
|http://goo.gl/kdjM7||Good Nissan Leaf review by @ubergizmo|
|http://goo.gl/0QbbR||Tests on the Leaf including a Paris trip, a flooded area and getting hit by thunder.|
Cool video from Nissan – “What if everything ran on gas?”
My new gas pump
If you own a Nissan Leaf, you no longer need to fill up your car at a gas station. Here are some pictures of my “pump”, in our garage -
240V Blink charging station – www.blinknetwork.com
With the current off-peak rates from our local electric utility (“Pacific Gas and Electric” or “PG&E”), I can go 1,000 miles for about $15 (fifteen dollars, US) -